Mr. Tiger Blood Himself is donating 1% of the profits of hid new show, Anger Management, to the USO with a minimum of $1,000,000.00.
“It’s an honor for me to be able to give back to these men and women of the military who have done so much for all of us,” said Charlie Sheen. “They put their lives on the line for us every day, and I’m just happy that my work on Anger Managementcan bring a little bit of relief to the troops and their families.”
While you sacrifice your hot dogs to the gods of summer, remember the bravery it took for us to have that freedom. Remember that citizens rose up against a tyrannical government that was ignoring its citizens. Those brave men and women took up arms and said enough is enough. This is what the well-organized militia can do.
It was the blood of regular people that was shed for this great nation. Ordinary heroes. A nation of riflemen with their personally owned arms. It is their blood that cries out when the powers that be move to disarm us. To do so is to deny the very freedom that won this nation our independence. Never forget.
And remember the soldiers who continue to protect us. Those who leave their families for grueling conditions to put their lives on the line.
The raindrops gently washing the day’s tears from fresh flowers and wreaths laid on so many graves as they quenched the heat of the day. I was free to sit on the front porch with my husband and enjoy the relief, my son tucked safely in his bed.
My freedom came at great cost. It always does. Freedom cannot be purchased with favors or spoils. Freedom is only ever purchased in blood. In this world, it’s the blood of many soldiers that will never again share a cool beer with their spouse. Their sons’ foreheads never to feel that goodnight kiss.
Thank you. Thank you for the divine sacrifice. May you claim your great reward in eternity, a freedom also purchased in blood.
1. Every five dollars you donate directly to Soldiers’ Angels nets you one numbered ticket.
2. Every five dollars you spend in their Dollar Days or Amazon shops (where the products are shipped directly to them) gets you one ticket.
3. Every five dollars you spend in the Angels’ Store for any product that is shipped to “ANY Hero”, “ANY Wounded Soldier”, or “A SPECIFIC Soldier” earns you one ticket.
4. DO NOT SEND ME MONEY. All money and goods should go directly to Soldiers’ Angels.
5. DO SEND ME THE RECEIPT. Anonymize it however you like, and use the actual receipt or a screencap, but email from an address I can reach you back at. Send the receipt/proof to “linoge (at) wallsofthecity (dot) net”.
6. Specify how many of your tickets you want in the “holster”, “belt”, and “general” pools.
7. Within 24 hours, you should receive an email from me indicating your ticket numbers. If you do not, feel free to email me again or comment here.
How We Will Do the Drawing:
1. The drawing will occur in decreasing fair market value (in other words, most-expensive item first, according to MSRP).
2. You can only win once.
3. When you send me your receipt, please indicate how many tickets you want put in each pool.
4. A single drawing will take place for each prize (currently 29), not each pool.
5. At 1800 EST on 12JAN12, with Better Half watching over my shoulder, I will hit up Random.org and generate however many numbers I need. I will email the winners that day.
Few survivors remain to tell their story. Schools talk more about how horrible it was to drop bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki than the very good reasons we did it. It’s a sobering thought to think that my grandchildren will never talk to a WWII vet. They’ll never hear those stories first hand.
If we’re very lucky, they won’t be veterans of a world war themselves, but you know what they say about those that forget history.
I direct you over to OldNFO’s place for your history lesson for today. Pull your kids off the video game and tell them about it because I’d be willing to bet the school won’t.
We answered the Japanese attack with awesome force. Today, they are one of our greatest allies.
We answered the terrorist attack by submitting to intrusive scans and pat downs. And the terrorist groups still hate us.