And even though he’s local to me, we’ve yet to meet in the real world. Going to have to fix that.
So as I’m sure you noticed, SqueakyB came to visit. There was shopping and eating and gaming and pedicures and a missed flight (d’oh!).
We even squeezed in a little zombie shooting.
Just one of the dinners
She came out to experience the mess that is our house and the awesome that was Super! Bitcon. Full report to come once I’ve recovered. Here’s just one of the 1400 pictures I took of the event.
Ok, don’t release the hounds. Give them head scratches and treats.
We’re about to launch headfirst into crazy season around our place. In a few short days, we’re going to head down to the airport and bring home a houseguest. A Bonnie houseguest. Yes, this Bonnie. Squeee!
So, I cleaned the bathroom. Nope, not sharing any before pics.
And we added a new to us medicine cabinet. It seems downright civilized in there.
The rest of the house? Well, let’s just call that a work in progress.
Bonnie is coming to visit for Super! Bitcon. Oh yeah, we’re getting our game on. That’s right friends, we’re crossing the streams. Gun blogging and game blogging. The world may not survive. If you’re local, you should come out to the big event. I made a thing. It could be yours.
Then Easter, then NRA, and a host of things to get done in between. So the house is not likely to see a lot more progress for a bit.
But hey! The bathroom is clean.
But not from me.
As for the fear, I will face that head on. I will not allow the victim mentality to win.
You see, living in fear is a choice. You can choose to tremble in the dark, or you can choose to face it head on. Also, making the decision to equip yourself with a lethal weapon does not come from a place of hate. Sometimes you even pray for the bad guys. Go read the whole thing.
Nifty! So a new friend, Frank Wak, interviewed some old friends about a thing we’re doing.
I know, I’m phoning it in on content lately. I hope to be back soon.
Well since my 2013 resolution was never broken nor fulfilled, my resolution obligation remains in limbo. So I’m just going to let Ferrule take over the blog today. He’s been reading my Facebook news feed and judging you.
He even took over my keyboard.
Yes, that was Ferrule. He’s very helpful. He’s got some words of wisdom for 2015.
1. Sit more. Sitting makes laps and laps are for sits. It’s where petting happens.
2. Make peace with the pet hair. I’m just going to make more.
3. Strings! They are great, just had to mention it.
4. Poop happens. Sometimes when you least expect it.
5. The loud thing with headlight that eats cat hair? Just put it away. See number 2
6. When something bothers you, bite its butt, fluff your tail, and strut away.
7. Dude. Catnip. Dude.
8. There will always be more kibble in the bowl, don’t stress about it.
9. Go to the backdoor and sing about your adventures. Preferably while your humans are engrossed in the warm boxes with the screens that they keep on their laps. Besides, laps are for sits and petting, not typing.
10. When life gets scary, hide under the buffet until Mama gets home.
This post has been reviewed by the resident feline editor, Chance
Yes, he is also judging you.
Ok, you caught me. I have nothing at all profound to say. I just wanted to use the word, ‘Penultimate.’